There’s lots of talk out there about which blogging package is the best. You can choose between WordPress, Joomla, Blogger, Drupal, etc. This site is a bit biased, but in my opinion, WordPress is the best:
- WordPress allows you freedom and flexibility
- There are lots of templates that you can choose from to give your site that unique look and feel
- You can download various plugins for your need. You don’t need to know anything complex about MySQL or PHP as that is all handled for you
- WordPress is flexible and there are many solutions you can choose from. It’s great to use as a starter and it’s also good if you want to grow from there.
- WordPress is open-sourced software and has a large community for support
- It’s easy to find WordPress tutorials and FAQs on the web because of the large WordPress community
For something that is free and that has all that support, WordPress is definitely the best choice to go with. You can get a basic site up in less than an hour, it’s easy to install, and it works smoothly. The user interface is intuitive and easy to use. I don’t know what more to ask for a blogging platform. Heck, many people even use WordPress to design their entire website and there are many themes and templates out there to help you do that. The other blogging packages have their own strengths but taken together, I think WordPress beats them all. But of course, this site is biased so please take this review with a grain of salt.