If you’re running Softaculous CPanel, installing WordPress is very easy:
- Login to CPanel
- Scroll down to the Softaculous Apps Installer. You should see the WordPress icon
- Double click on the WordPress icon
- Click on the Install button
- Next to “In Directory”, you can set the directory relative to your domain to install to. If you are just running one website and one domain, I suggest leaving this blank so WordPress installs into your root domain. Otherwise, if you have multiple sites, you may want to install WordPress into another child folder
- You probably want to change the username and password to login to WordPress to make it hard for hackers from logging in.
- Once you are done with the rest of the settings, click “Install”
In general, CPanel makes most installations easier. Most hosting companies also have scripts ready for you to install. Thus, with most hosting companies that are running CPanel, it’s more or less a one click install. You can also install other packages and scripts the same way, provided they are already setup for you when you receive the hosting account. In the case that you don’t want to use WordPress, you can always upload your html files to the public_html directory directly. To do that, simply need to open the File Manager in CPanel and upload the files accordingly. If you upload a file that already exists, the File Manager will ask if you want to overwrite the existing file.